To protect your battery reserve capacity, you should take care of the battery first. The more you use your battery in a well-mannered and suggested way, the more it will last long.
Factors that make a battery lose its reserve capacity:
- High charge/discharge rates.
- Charging the battery to 100% and discharging the battery to 0%.
- Putting away battery at a low or high state of charge (SoC) for an extended period of time.
- Keeping the gadget/battery connected subsequent to charging has finished.
- Operating or storing batteries in extraordinary temperatures, low or high.
The ways you can save battery reserve capacity:
- Control the Discharge: You can expand your future battery capacity by restricting the amount of discharge. With most battery degradation happening during deep discharge/charge cycles, it is, in reality, better to limit the battery discharge during any one process prior to charging it once more.
- As it occurs, your gadgets do have a battery management framework, which lessens harm from discharging and shut down naturally if the battery gets excessively low. Regardless, to expand the battery capacity, later on, you ought to maintain a strategic distance from that 0% battery mark by and large while likewise keeping those batteries in any event halfway charged if storing them for a drawn-out time frame to avoid deep discharge.
- Temperature Control: The temperature of a battery will likewise influence the energy that can be extracted from it. At higher temperatures, the battery capacity is ordinarily more elevated than at lower temperatures. Be that as it may, purposefully raising battery temperature is not an effective technique to expand battery capacity as this additionally decreases battery lifetime.