Lithium batteries are widely used, ranging from civilian digital and communication products to industrial equipment to military power supplies. Different products require different voltages and capacities. Therefore, lithium-ion batteries are used in series and in parallel. The application battery formed by the protection circuit, the casing, and the output is called a PACK.
PACK can be a single battery, such as a mobile phone battery, a digital camera battery, an MP3, an MP4 battery, etc., or a series-parallel combination battery, such as a laptop battery, a medical device battery, a communication power supply, an electric vehicle battery, a backup power supply, and the like.
1. Lithium battery PACK composition
PACK includes battery pack, protection board, outer packaging or casing, output (including connector), key switch, power indicator, and auxiliary materials such as EVA, bark paper, plastic bracket, etc. to form PACK. The external characteristics of PACK are determined by the application. There are many types of PACK.
2. the characteristics of lithium battery PACK
- Has full functionality and can be applied directly.
- Variety of species. There are multiple PACKs that can be implemented for the same application.
- Battery pack PACK requires a high degree of consistency (capacity, internal resistance, voltage, discharge curve, lifetime).
- The cycle life of battery pack PACK is lower than the cycle life of a single battery.
- Use under limited conditions (including charging, discharge current, charging method, temperature, humidity conditions, vibration, force level, etc.)
- The lithium battery pack PACK protection board requires a charge equalization function.
- High-voltage, high-current battery packs PACK (such as electric vehicle batteries, energy storage systems) require a battery management system (BMS), CAN, RS485 and other communication bus.
- The battery pack PACK has higher requirements on the charger. Some requirements are communicated with the BMS. The purpose is to make each battery work normally, fully utilize the energy stored in the battery, and ensure safe and reliable use.
3. DESIGN OF LITHIUM BATTERY PACK
- Fully understand the application requirements, such as the application environment (temperature, humidity, vibration, salt spray, etc.), usage time, charging, discharging mode and electrical parameters, output mode, life requirements, etc.
- Select qualified batteries and protection boards according to usage requirements.
- Meet the size and weight requirements.
- Packaging is reliable and meets the requirements.
- The production process is simple.
- Program optimization.
- Minimize costs.
- Detection is easy to implement.
4. LITHIUM BATTERY USE PRECAUTIONS!
- Do not put into fire or use near heat sources!
- Unavailable metal connects the positive and negative outputs directly together.
- Do not exceed the battery temperature range.
- Do not squeeze the battery with force.
- Charge with a dedicated charger or the correct method.
- Please recharge the battery every three months when the battery is on hold. And placed according to the storage temperature.